The original business was formed in September 2006 in response to the business community’s call for more competition in the insurance broking market and we became Insurance Holdings Pacific in 2015 to align with the regional nature of our services. Where the market was previously dominated by two international brands and complacency became the norm, Insurance Holdings Pacific injected a new level of competition, transparency and professionalism which helped to lower the cost of insurance for clients with good risk histories.
The business was originally formed as a joint venture between Reddys Enterprises Limited in Fiji and the New Zealand insurance broking group, Insurance Holdings Limited. The partners’ resolve was to bring new competitive tension to the market and openness and transparency to the way insurance is placed. Today those strong links between Fiji and New Zealand remain but with a new thread to the international resource that is Willis. In September 2012 the Company was appointed as the Fijian member of the Willis Global Network. Growing from two employees in 2006 to the 24 staff, two branch operation that now exists in both Nadi and Suva, the business has proven to be Fiji’s fastest growing insurance broker.
Insurance Holdings Pacific does not take its client relationships for granted – each year we strive to do our very best for our clients. The Company’s commitment to its clients is reflected in the adoption of the Willis Client Advocacy Model where:
- We commit to understanding our client’s needs and developing recommendations that are in the best interests of the client.
- We describe our service to you and how we are remunerated for that in plain and simple language.
- We strive to ensure clear, complete and candid communication with our clients.
- We welcome all feedback from clients.
- We ensure staff are aware of the importance of their duty of care and full disclosure to clients.
- We prohibit the acceptance of gifts by staff from insurers where such gifts could create the appearance of a conflict of interest with our clients.
- We do not accept contingency compensation from insurers.
- We strive to conduct our business in accordance with international best practice.
- We provide our clients with a Global Reach for their Local Risk Needs.
The Services They Offer
Insurance Holdings Pacific offers a broad range of insurance related services and products to its Clients:
Insurance Broking: Insurance Holdings Pacific can manage the placement of all your business insurance needs, be it:
- Property and Revenue Protection
- Private Pleasurecraft
- Motor Vehicle and Commercial Fleet
- Marine Cargo
- Mobile Plant and Machinery
- Aviation Hull and Liability
- Liability and Professional Risks
- Workers Compensation
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Life and Medical Insurance
- Construction Risks and Contract Works
- Corporate and Private International Travel
- Commercial Marine Hull and Liability
- Domestic House and Contents
Claims Management: Included in our brokerage paid service to you is full access to our specialised claims management service. We have a specialised Claims Management Division, there to act on your behalf and get your claim paid quickly. It is our role to ensure you, our client, receive the full entitlements due under the insurance policy to which the claim relates. Our Claims Manager will keep you updated on the progress of the claim.
If you are not a client, we can assist you to get difficult claim related problems solved – simply contact the branch nearest you to arrange for a consult.
Risk Management: We listen to how you want to manage your risk – is it to:
- Avoid it altogether?
- Retain all or part of it?
- Control it?
- Transfer all or part of it to an insurer?
- Or some combination of these strategies?
We can help you manage your risk profile from placing insurance policies that transfer the entire risk through to accessing Willis Risk Solutions and other international resources for risks you are happy to retain but manage.
Employee Protection: In virtually all industries Employees are the most valuable asset a business or organisation has. How to protect your employees’ lives and health is a speciality of Insurance Holdings Pacific. We can manage the placement of insurance policies that help manage these risks, including:
- Group Term Life Programmes • Workers Compensation
- Hospitalisation and Outpatient Medical Schemes
- Short and Long Term Income Protection
Insurance Holdings Pacific prides itself on creating and maintaining long term Broker-Client relationships. This can only be achieved where the client is receiving the very best of insurance broking service. Here’s what some of our clients have said about us:
“We have been clients of Insurance Holdings (Pacific) Limited for a number of years now and are extremely satisfied with the service and professionalism with which they carry out their duties. When on those rare occasions when we have had to file a claim, I have been especially impressed with their tireless efforts working on our behalf. Seeing the process through to the best advantage of their client.”
Bill Keefe – Co-General Manager, Namale Resort, Fiji
“John Thatcher and his team really came to the table with a policy for our new and unique marine vessel at a highly competitive rate. We have since moved a number of our other insurance policies over to them, maintaining the same level of coverage but greatly reducing our premiums. Extremely professional, I highly recommend them.”
Robert Van Der Moigg – CEO,The Melanesian Trading Company Ltd trading as Island Sprint Charters and South Sea Subs
“Having moved our insurance to IHL two years ago, Port Denarau Marina have not looked back. Not only does the IHL team work tirelessly for us in getting the best insurance deal possible but are on hand 24/7 should we have any questions, concerns or potential claims. IHL understands our business and responds to our specific needs with a high level of service and integrity. They work with us and for us in a partnership that is geared towards mutually beneficial outcomes ensuring the best protection for our assets, staff and our future. I recommend their services without hesitation.”
Nigel Skeggs – Managing Director, Port Denarau Marina Ltd