Fiji is positioned as a leading Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) offshore destination for the Pacific region, with Fiji’s BPO industry providing for over 5,000 Fijians and their families. This is slated to increase to over 10,000 in the next few years.
The BPO council hosted an exclusive panel discussion which aired live on Facebook at 11AM on July 8, 2021.
Our main points of discussion were:
- What is a BPO and its potential to support Fiji’s Economic recovery?
- The demand for BPO services and the opportunities we can tap into.
- The increase in employment opportunities (especially for youth).
- Operating and growing during covid. Following covid safe protocols.
- Need for Vaccination and its importance for future employment prospects.
- BPO’s have shown resilience and adaptability to the work from home concept but in order to provide consistent quality services, they need to return to the office to access the infrastructure.
- What part does vaccination and covid safe protocols play to address this need?