Announcement of Infrastructure Standards Launch for Fiji’s Outsourcing Industry
Statement by Outsource Fiji Executive Director, Ms Sagufta Janif
Monday 5 September 2022 | Investment Fiji Boardroom, Suva | 3pm
Bula Vinaka ladies and gentlemen and thank you for attending this press conference.
It gives me great pleasure to announce that registrations for Outsource Fiji’s 2021-2025 Strategic Plan launch, and the Infrastructure Standards Launch for Fiji’s outsourcing industry are now open.
Over the past few years, we have seen Fiji’s outsourcing industry gaining prominence among international investors, given our ability to contain the virus, and continue with operations whilst the rest of the world was shut down. This became a huge attraction for BPOs, KPOs, and shared service providers who started seeing Fiji as a risk diversification destination and began shifting their operations into Fiji.
Ladies and gentlemen, the non-hindrance of operations during the pandemic; Fiji’s ability to produce a highly skilled workforce; the introduction of the Fijian Government’s attractive tax incentives; and the resilience of Fijians during the pandemic, have allowed us to market Fiji as an outsourcing destination of choice.
With more and more international businesses coming into Fiji, it is imperative that we have the infrastructure, which is in line with the international best practices, and of a standard, which allows these businesses to begin their operations with ease.
Our recent visit to Portugal, as well as to countries like Australia, have shown us the need to have quality, affordable, and operations-ready infrastructure for outsourcing service providers. The Infrastructure Standards Document will serve as a one-stop document that will act as a guideline for local property owners and property developers to refer to when designing or building infrastructure for international investors and clients coming into Fiji’s outsourcing industry.
Ladies and gentlemen, at this juncture, I would also like to announce that Outsource Fiji will be launching our 2021-2025 strategic plan at the event. Our four-year strat plan encompasses a forward-looking vision for transforming Fiji’s outsourcing industry into an even more sustainable and progressive industry. The strategic plan shows our commitment to Fiji’s OS industry, and our efforts to create a conducive environment for business operators in the industry and create more job opportunities for our people. So in a nutshell, during these four years, Outsource Fiji aims to market, enable, protect and grow Fiji’s outsourcing industry.
Ladies and gentlemen, let me now give you a quick overview of the event:
1. Following the launch of our Strategic Plan and the Infrastructure Standards Document, there will be a panel discussion featuring key personnel from different sectors of Fiji’s OS industry who will be talking about the Infrastructure needs and incentives in the industry. Our panelists include:
The panel discussion will be moderated by the FCEF CEO, Mr Kameli Batiweti.
2. During the event, we will have presentations from our sponsors who will be showcasing their products; and discussing their upcoming infrastructure projects.
3. This is a paid event – for members it’s $100 per head and for non-members, it’s $150 per head.
4. To register, visit our social media pages or our website – https://outsourcefiji.com/5845-2/
5. Registrations close on Wednesday 14 September 2022.
Who can attend?
• Property Developers
• Construction Companies
• Real Estate Agencies
• Telecommunication service providers
• BPO/KPO Operators
• IT and Tech Support Businesses
• Financial Institutions and any interested individual.